Heroes To Heroes Foundation Mission Summary
Heroes To Heroes Foundation, a non-denominational 501(c)(3), successfully helps combat veterans (men and women) from all wars who have attempted suicide or are on a path towards self-destruction, through a program based in spirituality. Heroes To Heroes helps them reconnect with the faith they have lost due to the horrors of war they have experienced. Loss of faith is a critical factor for a great many who attempt suicide.
HTH achieves our phenomenal results by sending groups of 12-14 veterans to Israel. There they visit the holiest sites of all major religions and travel with 3 IDF soldiers who fully understand depression, PTSD and moral injury.
At some point during the journey this reconnection with faith will typically be achieved and, as a result, all of the 200+ veterans who have come through our program are with us and in various stages of healing.
Additionally, approximately 85% of donations go directly towards achieving our mission.
Watch a short video overview of the Heroes To Heroes Foundation here.
WPIX Channel 11/NY video of Harrison’s story here.
Read Heroes To Heroes Founder Judy Schaffer’s story about why HTH came to be here.
Hallmark Abstract Service President Michael Haltman is proud to serve as Board Chair for this very important organization.
Heroes To Heroes Foundation – Why Us?
‘A common thread for these American heroes is that in many ways they have lost their faith! Heroes To Heroes Foundation, through a program based in spirituality, helps these brave men and women reconnect with the faith that the horrors of war erased!’
They stepped-up to serve in the United States military so that the rest of us could continue to live the American dream in peace!
Some soldiers came home unscathed, some made the ultimate sacrifice and some came home with debilitating physical injuries.
And still other combat veterans came home from battle with injuries that cannot be seen by the naked eye, yet are no less painful.
These injuries include depression, moral injury and PTSD that can often lead to an attempted suicide or suicide!
And while there are any number of great charities dedicated to helping our military veterans who are having trouble re-acclimating to life at home, this article highlights the Heroes To Heroes Foundation.
Why Should Individuals And Businesses Consider Participating With The Heroes To Heroes Foundation (HTH) Rather Than Another Veterans Charity?
So many charities do great work helping our wounded veterans, all with mission statements dedicated to the well-being of these brave Americans!
But if one’s donation dollars are limited and only one charity can be chosen, how can a potential donor decide which one to participate with?
It is an extremely personal decision so these are some of the reasons why Heroes To Heroes Foundation should at the very least be considered!
- With veteran suicides occurring at such an alarming rate (20 a day), Heroes To Heroes addresses the issue in an extremely effective way by combining spirituality with peer support through non-denominational journey’s to Israel where these veterans begin to reconnect with the faith lost due to the horrors of war they have experienced. A key component is 12-14 US veterans connecting with 3 IDF soldiers who travel with them, and who are critical in the missions success. We are gratified to say that since returning home from Israel, none of our program participants have taken their lives and, in fact, the vast majority have finally been able to actually start living them!
- The Heroes To Heroes Foundation organization is predominantly volunteer. Through their belief in the HTH mission, these volunteers donate their time and energy. Heroes To Heroes is always looking to speak with individuals, corporations and foundations that may want to get involved with the charity in some way. This could be a committee membership, potential Board membership or any type of initiative to spread the word about the Heroes To Heroes Foundation mission.
- Unlike charities that raise in the tens or hundreds of millions of dollars a year, donations of any size made to the Heroes To Heroes Foundation or participation through one of the many available sponsorship opportunities can actually move the needle and make a real difference in the lives of the veterans at-risk for suicide.
- Approximately 85 cents of every dollar raised goes directly towards the mission of helping the veterans.
- Closer to home, after much thought, consideration and vetting, Hallmark Abstract Service President Michael Haltman chose to serve as Board Chair of the Heroes To Heroes Foundation! Additionally, examining the stature and character of the members of the Heroes To Heroes Foundation Board, shows the belief of so many in the organization’s mission!
Join Heroes To Heroes on Social Media here:
Twitter Follow: https://twitter.com/heroestoheroes
If you have any thoughts or questions, please contact Michael Haltman at 516.741.4723 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPDATE, June 26, 2017: Heroes To Heroes Blue
For our nation’s active duty police officers who have a similar problem with suicide, the completely confidential Heroes To Heroes Blue is going to provide the same extremely successful spiritual healing program that Heroes To Heroes has been providing to U.S. military combat veterans suffering with depression, moral injury and are at-risk for suicide. First ‘Blue’ journey in 2018!