UPDATE, June 26, 2017: Heroes To Heroes Blue
For our nation’s active duty police officers, the completely confidential Heroes To Heroes Blue is going to provide the same extremely successful spiritual healing program that Heroes To Heroes has been providing to U.S. military combat veterans suffering with depression, moral injury and traumatic brain injury. First ‘Blue’ journey in early 2018!
They stepped-up to serve in the United States military so that the rest of us could continue to live the American dream in peace!
Some soldiers came home unscathed, some made the ultimate sacrifice and some came home with debilitating physical injuries.
And still other combat veterans came home from battle with injuries that cannot be seen by the naked eye, yet are no less painful.
These injuries include depression, moral injury and traumatic brain injury (TBI) that can often lead to an attempted suicide or suicide!
And while there are any number of great charities dedicated to helping our military veterans who are having trouble re-acclimating to life at home, this article highlights the Heroes To Heroes Foundation.
Why Should Individuals And Businesses Consider Donating To Heroes To Heroes Foundation (HTH) Rather Than Another Veterans Charity?
So many charities do great work helping our wounded veterans, all with mission statements dedicated to the well-being of these brave Americans!
But if one’s donation dollars are limited and only one charity can be chosen, how can a potential donor decide which one to send participate with?
It is an extremely personal decision so these are some of the reasons why Heroes To Heroes Foundation should at the very least be considered!
- With veteran suicides occurring at such an alarming rate (20 a day), Heroes To Heroes addresses the issue in an extremely effective way by combining spirituality with peer support through non-denominational journey’s to Israel where the veterans will at some point during the trip find the emotional strength to open-up and finally begin the process of healing. A key component is the 10 US veterans connecting with 5 IDF soldiers who travel with them and are critical in the missions success. We are gratified to say that since returning home from Israel, none of our program participants have taken their lives and, in fact, the vast majority have finally been able to actually start living them!
- The Heroes To Heroes Foundation is predominantly volunteer. Through their belief in the HTH mission, these volunteers donate their time, energy and money.
- Unlike charities that raise in the hundreds of millions of dollars a year, donations to Heroes To Heroes or participation through one of the many available sponsorship opportunities can actually move the needle and make a real difference in the lives of the veterans Heroes To Heroes works with. The goal is ultimately to send 100 veterans a year to Israel at a cost of approximately $7,500 per veteran. Heroes To Heroes is currently sending approximately 50 veterans a year.
- Approximately 85 cents of every dollar raised goes directly towards helping the veterans.
- After much thought, consideration and vetting, Hallmark Abstract Service President Michael Haltman chose to serve on the Board of the Heroes To Heroes Foundation! Additionally, an examination of the stature and character of the members of the Heroes To Heroes Advisory Board, shows the belief of so many in the organization’s mission!
Read the Heroes To Heroes story here.
Watch a short video about Heroes To Heroes here.
WPIX Channel 11/NY video of a soldiers story here.
Video testimonials by Heroes To Heroes military veteran journey participants here.
Join Heroes To Heroes on Social Media here:
Twitter Follow: https://twitter.com/heroestoheroes
2017 Heroes To Heroes Foundation Golf Classic, June 15 in New York, Information And Registration Here
If you have any questions, you can contact Michael Haltman at 516.741.4723 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.