Bear Bryant, legendary coach of the University of Alabama, had strong thoughts about the way life should be approached and lived!
I know this based on the following story allegedly discovered on a folded piece of paper said to have been found in the great coach’s wallet after he died in 1982.
The author is not known, but these are most definitely strong words to live by!
The Magic Bank Account
Imagine you have just won the following PRIZE in a contest. Each morning your bank will deposit $86,400 into your personal account for your use!
However, theres a set of rules you HAVE TO adhere to:
1. Everything that you didn’t spend during each day would be taken away from you.
2. You may not simply transfer money into some other account.
3. You may only spend it.
4. Each morning upon awakening, the bank opens your account with another $86,400 for that day.
5. The bank can end the game without warning; at any time it can say “Game Over!”. It can close the account and you will not receive any further offers, ever.
Wow, what would you do?
Ones first response would be to buy anything and everything! And what a great opportunity to do so for all the people you love and care for. You could help even people you don’t know because there’s no possible way you could spend it all on yourself, right?
You would try to spend every penny, and use it all, not wasting a cent, because you knew it would be replenished in the morning.
Hold on to your hat, you are in fact the WINNER of this PRIZE – yes you are! So am I, so is each of us….
The prize is “TIME” and it has the same rules:
1. Each morning we awaken to receive 86,400 seconds as a gift of life.
2. And when we go to sleep at night, any remaining time is NOT credited to us.
3. What we haven’t used up that day is forever lost.
4. Yesterday is forever gone.
5. Each morning the account is refilled, but the bank can dissolve your account at any time WITHOUT WARNING.
That last rule really brings it home to you, don’t you think? And the great thing with this prize/gift it can be shared with loved ones and donated to care for those in need.
Written by Michael Haltman, President of Hallmark Abstract Service, New York.
HAS is a provider of title insurance in New York State for residential and commercial real estate transactions specializing in the areas of New York City, Long Island and Westchester.
And remember that although your attorney will likely recommend a title insurance provider, you always have the right to choose your own title company (click here to learn more)!
If you have any questions you can reach Michael by email at email@example.com.Google+