For Hallmark Abstract Service or any other business, an unexpected surprise such as a winter storm is never a good thing!
This exact circumstance was the frightening scene at Halloween as an early winter storm slammed some areas along the Eastern seaboard including in New York and New Jersey. Travel was hampered by up to 30″ of snow on the ground with over 2 million homes and businesses losing power.
- Do some reconnaissance on your business and physical plant to determine possible problem areas to address before the next crisis hits!
- Explore business interruption insurance and potential replacement vendors in case your business, or merely one of your key suppliers or distributors is incapacitated for an extended period of time.
- Have your insurance professional review your coverages to make sure that they are adequate for your businesses requirements.
- Set up a system so that in the event any part of your business goes down you can still successfully communicate with your employees, customers and vendors. This can include secondary email addresses as well as social media like a Facebook or Google+ company page.
- Give some consideration to setting up a system through which employees can conduct business by teleworking. This could include such things as having company information stored on a “cloud” and allowing employees to have access to their work computers at their homes.
Whatever approach you may take, being prepared for contingencies beyond your control is extremely important in business as well as in life!
If you have any questions or comments for Hallmark Abstract Service, please call us at 516.741.4723 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also find out more about us on our website here.Google+