Maybe sales are slow, new listings are down or interest rate increases are choking off mortgage pre-qualifications…How do you react?
Yesterday, in a related article concerning how well someone may compete in business, solutions for dealing successfully with inevitable adversity were discussed (Do You Compete Like A Champion?)!
Today’s Thought? What Type Of Corporate Leader Are You?
When a critical issue arises in your business, one that needs to be addressed immediately and decisively, how do you react?
Do you show panic, appear as if you are a deer in the headlights or perhaps does your face contort in horror?
In other words, what type of leader do your employees, your supervisor, your co-managers and/or your customers see?
Do you react like the kids in this video?
Or, do you take lead in the way that some of the quotes below suggest?
Hopefully the answer is that you are the latter but, if not, there is always time to try and do better in the future!
- “There are only 3 colors, 10 digits, & 7 notes; it’s what we do with them that’s important.” ~Jim Rohn
- “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” ~John Quincy Adams
- “A leader leads by example not by force.” ~Sun Tzu
- “To succeed in life we must stay within our strength zone but move out of our comfort zone.” – John Maxwell
- “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope & confidence.” ~Helen Keller
- “Management is a position that is granted; leadership is a status that is earned.” ~K. Scott Derrick
- “Leadership is not just what happens when you’re there, it’s what happens when you’re not there.” ~Ken Blanchard
- “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” ~Babe Ruth
- “It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” ~Charles Darwin
- “The man who does things makes many mistakes, but he never makes the biggest mistake of all; doing nothing.” ~Ben Franklin (Source)
Michael Haltman is President of Hallmark Abstract Service in New York. He can be reached at MHaltman@HallmarkAbstractLLC.comGoogle+