The US Economic Calendar For The Week Of November 17, 2014
Assuming that the majority of Americans would like to keep an eye on their money, the US Economic Calendar for the week of November 17, 2014 is a great guide for anyone to have at their disposal!
With economic and political uncertainty currently more of the rule than exception, this weeks key economic releases may hold some extremely helpful clues concerning the strength of the US economy and, just as importantly, the future direction of interest rates.
Interest rates remain a critical cog not only for fixed income and equity investors, but for the overall strength of the real estate market and the ease of availability for the financing used to purchase real estate.
The US Economic Calendar
The economic data scheduled for release this week will provide investors and businesses with both anecdotal evidence about the direction that the US economyis heading along with actual data about its current condition.
The upcoming week has something for everyone who is searching for economic clues. Some of the most significant data to be released includes the FOMC Minutes, Housing Starts, Philly Fed Survey, E-Commerce Retail Sales and the Consumer price Index (CPI).
It will also be a quiet week for scheduled speeches by members of the Federal Reserve with none scheduled, although impromptu comments or remarks by any of the Fed members can potentially occur at any time.
Finally, the markets will once again also be closely watching domestic political issues along with geopolitical hotspots that have the potential for serious flare-ups with global implications.
Nationally and Geopolitically, some issues to watch include:
- How the Republican victory in the mid-term election will or will not impact US policy,
- The plan for President Obama to issue an Executive Order concerning amnesty of immigrants in the country illegally,
- The continued scourge of ISIS who seem to have cobbled an alliance with al-Qaeda,
- The continued decline in the global price of oil and the impact that will have on oil producing nations like Russia and Saudi Arabia,
- ‘Potential for Lone Wolf’ terrorist attacks at home,
- Russia-Ukraine conflict that seems to be reaching an inflection point,
- Potential for White House negotiations with Iran for cooperation in the fight against ISIS,
- US-Mexico border security.
Courtesy of Econoday this is the chart of the US economic data to be released during the week of November 17, 2014 along with scheduled speeches by members of the Federal Reserve. The chart below also includes the upcoming treasury auction calendar!
Actual Data Source: Haver Analytics | Legal Notices © 1998-2014 Econoday, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Econoday Suggestion Box: We welcome your ideas on how we can serve you better.
Written by Michael Haltman, President of Hallmark Abstract Service,New York.
HAS is a provider of title insurance in New York State for residential and commercial real estate transactions specializing in the areas of New York City, Long Island and Westchester.
And remember that although your attorney will likely recommend a title insurance provider, you always have the right to choose your own title company (click here to learn more)!
If you have any questions you can reach Michael by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.