Depending on a company’s size and philosophy of its management, the process of vetting a charity and then becoming involved with them in some way can be a difficult process to wade through!
One issue facing firms when trying to choose the who, what and where concerning the charity that they will spend time and potentially resources on, is deciphering the vast number of charity categories and the number of organizations operating within those categories.
It can often be overwhelming and difficult to separate charitable organizations in terms of mission, finances and the success they have had in achieving their mission. These facts can make the selection of a charity to focus a firm’s philanthropic dollars on, a daunting task.
In addition, when ‘looking under the hood’, some will have a high percentage of the donations that they receive being spent on administrative costs, some will be extremely large in size thereby minimizing the impact donations may have on the overall mission and, some may have a mission that falls right into a firms sweet spot but for some reason may have had negative press surrounding them.
That said, the impact that a company can have on those in need makes the effort getting involved extremely worthwhile!
Let’s look at the Heroes To Heroes Foundation…
Hallmark Abstract Service, Combat Veterans At Risk For Suicide And The Heroes To Heroes Foundation
Anyone who has been reading the Hallmark Abstract Service blog will know that, after a great deal of vetting, the company has chosen to focus its time, resources and efforts supporting the non-denominational combat veterans 501(c)(3) Heroes To Heroes Foundation (Heroes To Heroes Foundation – Because 20 Veterans A Day Commit Suicide!)!
In fact, Hallmark Abstract President Michael Haltman now serves as Board Chair of the organization. If after reading the bullet points below describing HTH you would like to learn more about the organization, simply contact Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form at the end of the article.
- Heroes To Heroes Foundation (HTH), through a program based in spirituality, successfully saves combat veterans suffering from moral injury and who are at risk for suicide or on a path towards self-destruction,
- HTH achieves its phenomenal results by sending groups of 12-14 veterans (groups of men and groups of women) on a ‘working journey’ to Israel where they experience some of the most spiritual sites from all major religions. In addition, the group travels with 3 IDF soldiers who understand what their American counterparts are experiencing,
- Some of the sites visited include the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, Yad Vashem and being baptized in the Jordan River,
- It’s in Israel that they will find the strength to reconnect with the faith they have lost due to the horrors of war that they have experienced,
- Over 400 veterans have come through the HTH program and all are with us in various stages of healing,
- Approximately 85% of donations go directly towards HTH achieving its mission,
- Given the current size of HTH with more than $1MM in yearly donations (growing every year), a company’s giving program can significantly help move the needle in terms of the number of veterans that HTH can help,
- Groups of veterans for future journeys are now being regionalized to make the support system for program participants after they return much easier,
- Follow-up statistics of program graduates progress is being compiled.
If you would like to speak in order to learn more about your company can get involved with this phenomenal organization, simply fill out the form below.