The following articles look at various issues concerning businesses both within the practice of law and without!
We publish The Hallmark Abstract Sentinel with the goal of providing our readers timely information that is hopefully of interest, but that in some way may prove helpful to them and their businesses too.
If anyone has topics that they would like to see covered please let us know!
- From American Banker an interview with the New York State banking regulator Benjamin Lawsky in the article ‘Q&A: Lawsky on Financial Crime, Punishment and His Payday Loan Crackdown‘.
- Anecdotal evidence suggests that banks are once again being flexible on loan terms while the mess from the financial crisis is not completely cleaned up. Read ‘Banks Water Down Loan Terms in Quest for Growth [National Mortgage News (Online)]’ here.
- At the same time that bank lending is said to be more flexible, ‘Goldman Estimates Cash Sales Are 50% of Home Purchases’ here.
- From Above the Law an interesting article on the ROI from various law schools at ‘Which Law Schools Have The Best Return On Investment?‘.
- In light of the global travel warnings that have been issued by the State Department, this article from intelligence firm Stratfor, ‘Planning for a Safe Trip‘, offers some extremely useful advice.
- Finally, from Entrepreneur Magazine these two articles that provide advice on methods to gain exposure for your business at ‘Want to Supersize Your LinkedIn Page? Focus on the 3 C’s‘ and ‘Why Short Videos Are Wildly Popular Over Social Media‘