Breaking News: Beginning in 2020, the Veterans Administration (VA) will be sending a chaplain to accompany each Heroes To Heroes journey to Israel. This participation will enhance the missions efficacy as Heroes To Heroes works to heal our nations heroes!
Breaking News: Due to the success of the Heroes To Heroes program, a team headed by Dr. Joseph Currier at the University of South Alabama will be conducting both a long term and cross-sectional study of our outcomes. The study will include 100 of our programs graduates studied over a period of 2-years.
Heroes To Heroes Foundation Mission Summary
(Note: Hallmark Abstract Service CEO Michael Haltman serves as Board Chair for the organization)
Mission: To provide spiritual healing and peer support for Combat Veterans of all conflicts and all faiths who have attempted suicide or are on a path to self-destruction due to moral injury.
Vision: To have the United States be a place where our Veterans can truly come home.
Impact: Over 300 Veterans have participated in the Heroes to Heroes program. 20+ marriages have been saved. Dozens of lives have been saved. Over 300 lives have changed for the better.
Heroes To Heroes Foundation is a nondenominational 501(c)(3) that successfully helps combat veterans (men and women) from all wars who suffer with moral injury, and who have attempted suicide or are on a path towards self-destruction, heal. Journeys to Israel are a key component to the organizations phenomenal results!
The Heroes To Heroes program is based in spirituality, helping these American heroes reconnect with the faith they have lost due to the horrors of war they have experienced. It is loss of faith that is a critical factor for a great many who attempt suicide.
Heroes To Heroes achieves its phenomenal results by sending Teams of 12-14 veterans on journeys to the Holy Land (Team 24 recently completed its journey) where they visit the holiest sites of many of the worlds major religions, traveling with 3 IDF soldiers who fully understand their plight. Additionally, the IDF soldiers participate in the nightly discussion sessions with Team coaches.
Some of the sites visited include The Church of the Holy Sepulchre, Stations of the Cross, an opportunity for baptism in the Jordan River, the 9/11 Memorial, Yad Vashem, Special in Uniform, the Western Wall and much more!
Finally, a very high percentage of donations go directly towards our mission, not administrative costs!
Watch a short video overview of the Heroes To Heroes Foundation here.
WPIX Channel 11/NY video of program participant Harrison’s story, here.
Read HTH Founder Judy Schaffer’s story about how the organization came to be, here.
Hallmark Abstract Service President Michael Haltman is proud to serve as Board Chair for this very important organization.
Heroes To Heroes Foundation – Why Us?
‘A common thread for these American heroes is that in many ways they have lost their faith! The nondenominational Heroes To Heroes Foundation, through a program based on spirituality, helps these brave men and women reconnect with the faith that the horrors of war erased!’
They stepped up to serve in the United States military so that the rest of us could continue to live the American dream in peace!
Some soldiers came home unscathed, some made the ultimate sacrifice and some came home with debilitating physical injuries.
And still other combat veterans came home from battle with injuries that cannot be seen by the naked eye, yet are no less painful.
These injuries include depression, moral injury and PTSD that can often lead to an attempted suicide or suicide!
And while there are any number of great charities dedicated to helping our military veterans who are having trouble re-acclimating to life at home, this article highlights the Heroes To Heroes Foundation.
Why Should Individuals And Businesses Consider Participating With The Heroes To Heroes Foundation (HTH) Rather Than Another Veterans Charity?
So many charities do great work helping our wounded veterans, all with mission statements dedicated to the well-being of these brave Americans!
But if one’s donation dollars are limited and only one charity can be chosen, how can a potential donor decide which one to participate with?
It is an extremely personal decision so these are some of the reasons why Heroes To Heroes Foundation should at the very least be considered!
- With veteran suicides occurring at such an alarming rate (22 each and every day), Heroes To Heroes addresses the issue in an extremely effective way by combining spirituality with peer support through nondenominational journeys to the Holy Land where these veterans begin to reconnect with the faith lost due to the horrors of war they have experienced. A key component is 12-14 US veterans connecting with 3 IDF soldiers who travel with them, and who are critical in the success of the mission. We are gratified to say that since returning home from Israel, none of our program participants have taken their lives and, in fact, the vast majority have finally been able to actually start living them!
- The Heroes To Heroes Foundation organization is predominantly volunteer. Through their belief in the HTH mission, these volunteers donate their time and energy. Heroes To Heroes is always looking to speak with individuals, corporations and foundations that may want to get involved with the charity in some way. This could be a committee membership, potential Board membership or any type of initiative to spread the word about the Heroes To Heroes Foundation mission.
- Unlike charities that raise in the tens or hundreds of millions of dollars a year, donations of any size made to the Heroes To Heroes Foundation or participation through one of the many available sponsorship opportunities can actually move the needle and make a real difference in the lives of the veterans at-risk for suicide.
- Approximately 85 cents of every dollar raised goes directly towards the mission of helping the veterans.
- Closer to home, after much thought, consideration and vetting, Hallmark Abstract Service President Michael Haltman chose to serve as Board Chair of the Heroes To Heroes Foundation!
Join Heroes To Heroes on Social Media here:
Twitter Follow: https://twitter.com/heroestoheroes
If you have any thoughts or questions, please contact Michael Haltman at 516.741.4723 or send an email to email@example.com.
UPDATE, June 26, 2017: Heroes To Heroes Blue
For our nation’s active duty police officers who have a similar problem with suicide, the completely confidential Heroes To Heroes Blue is going to provide the same extremely successful spiritual healing program that Heroes To Heroes has been providing to U.S. military combat veterans suffering from moral injury and are at-risk for suicide. First ‘Blue’ journey in 2018!
Breaking News, April 13, 2020: Heroes To Heroes has begun an online fundraiser that includes a challenge for our participants. The buy-in is $20 with sponsorships starting at only $250!